Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
virginiafan
Admin

Masculin
Capricorne Dragon
Personnage préféré : Virginia

MessageSujet: SOS et Penni Ellington   Lun 29 Aoû 2016, 22:12

SOS "Support our Sunset" est une association (?) qui s'est créée en 97 pour soutenir Sunset Beach et  militer contre l'annulation.

La créatrice de SOS s'appelle Penni Ellington. J'ai fais quelques recherches sur elle, mais les rares documents datent de 1999/2000, soit une éternité!!

Cette association a réussit à réunir quelques acteurs (Annie/Ben/Maria/Francesca/Emilie/Amy/Brad/Benjy/Casey/Vanessa/Virginia) après l'arrêt de la série (réunion le 26 février 2000).
La vidéo est assez triste, mais très intéressante.

Dernière édition par virginiafan le Lun 29 Aoû 2016, 23:14, édité 2 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://an-eternal-sunset.heavenforum.com
virginiafan
Admin

Masculin
Capricorne Dragon

MessageSujet: Re: SOS et Penni Ellington   Lun 29 Aoû 2016, 22:14

Document trouvé sur internet :

http://people.uncw.edu/rohlerl/rohler/Ellington5.htm

Citation :
Penni Ellington

Tribute Speech for Aaron Spelling

Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. My name is Penni Ellington, and I’m the editor of SOS—Support Our Spelling, and I’m here tonight to talk to you about dreams. How having the courage to dream can change your whole life. I speak not just on behalf of the man we are here to honor; I speak from personal experience myself.

Dreams. Aaron Spelling is the embodiment of the American Dream. Growing up dirt-poor in Dallas, Texas, Aaron shared a two-bedroom house with seven other people. He often went to school barefoot, and on occasion, ate mayonnaise sandwiches for lunch. If poverty weren’t humiliating enough, his Jewish religion and heritage stood out like a sore thumb.

But Aaron had something that no one could take away from him: His dreams. He dared to dream of a better life. He dared to face adversity and make it his friend. He dared to move away from his family and strike out in Hollywood on his own. He dared to dream.

Was Aaron a genius or a lucky fool? Probably a bit of both. Television was just starting out when he hit Hollywood, so his utter lack of knowledge of the entertainment industry—outside of Saturday afternoon movies—didn’t work against him. At the same time, he had no way of knowing that TV would become the institution it is. Nope, all Aaron had was a little dream to get out of Texas and become a star! Of course, in those days, Aaron thought he was going to be the next Gary Cooper [Pause for laughter]. He wasn’t that bad! Didn’t you all see his brilliant turn in "I Love Lucy?" He was positively robbed of an Emmy! [Pause for laughter]. Well, Emmy’s loss is our gain.

Being the shrewd businessman or lucky fool—take your pick—that he was, Aaron ventured into writing when acting didn’t pan out. Starting out as a writer for the Zane Grey Theatre, Aaron quickly proved himself as a talented young man. His impoverished past didn’t matter in Hollywood. His Jewish heritage didn’t matter in Hollywood. His total lack experience or contacts didn’t matter in Hollywood. What mattered was that he delivered the goods, and baby, did he ever! [Pause for laughter].

Dreams. Aaron dreamed of becoming an actor, and so he went forth to Hollywood and acted. He dreamed of becoming a writer, and so he wrote. He dreamed of producing his own scripts, and so he became a producer. Maybe you’ve heard of a few of his shows? Dynasty, Beverly Hills, 90210, Fantasy Island, Love Boat, Charlie’s Angels, Matt Houston, Mod Squad, Starsky & Hutch, Melrose Place, Sunset Beach [Make gesture of looking at watch]. I’d better stop there or we’ll be here all night! [Pause for laughter]

Aaron Spelling is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most prolific television producer of all time. He’s produced over fifty TV series, ten theatrical films, and over 150 made-for-TV movies. He’s logged in more than 4,000 hours of aired TV programming and won over 40 awards—including two Emmys, by the way. All this from the little Polish-Russian Jew with the southern twang! [Pause for laughter] All this from a man who dreamed.

I had the great good fortune of stumbling into Aaron’s world a few years back. I had always been a Spelling baby—indeed, I wanted to be the next Farrah Fawcet—and I used to love watching Fantasy Island and Love Boat on Saturday nights and dreaming of guest starring on one of his shows. Instead, I’ll end up being the next Liz Rosenberg [Madonna’s Publicist], but hey, sometimes we gotta adjust our dreams! [Pause for laughter]

I too moved to Hollywood a poor Jewish boy from Dallas. Wait. That’s not right. I was a middle class girl from Silicon Valley. But that moving to Hollywood part is true. [Pause for laughter] I dreamed of being a great actress. I dreamed of winning awards. I dreamed of starring on Melrose Place and meeting hunky Jack Wagner! Alas, these dreams were not to be. Just as Aaron inherited his parents’ hard work ethics, I inherited my mother’s Irish butt. So, acting quickly became out of the question. Now that my dream was shattered, what was I going to do?

Aaron started a little show back in 1997 called Sunset Beach. [Pause for applause]. I—being a huge fan of the show—started looking up info on the Internet. Only there was none. I was completely puzzled and more than disappointed that there was no news about the cast, the crew, the storylines, nada! So, I took it upon myself to corral a group of women from across the country to start writing magazines and requesting articles and information. Then I got the bright idea to write Aaron’s son Randy—star of Sunset Beach—and let him know about our rag-tag little team. Randy gave the letter to Aaron, and on May 16, 1997, Aaron called me. He thanked me and said no one had ever supported one of his nighttime shows they way we supported BEACH.

After I peeled myself off the ceiling, I decided to try to really get the show going. I started a little newsletter on the Internet called Support Our Sunset. It was just a hobby. A lark. Something to pass the time between naps. [Pause for laughter]

Dreams. I had to give up my dream of becoming a famous actress. But, like Aaron, I didn’t let one faded dream deter me from dreaming again. No, I instead decided that I loved what I did for Sunset Beach so much, that I would become a Publicist in the entertainment industry. I dared to dream I could make it in Hollywood by sneaking in through the back door.

I contacted the cast and crew of BEACH and wrote newsletters, held conventions, conducted interviews, gave interviews, and rallied to keep the show on the air. And I went back to college to obtain another degree in Communication Studies, because I dreamed of one day working permanently for Spelling Entertainment and for the man I’ve come to admire and respect.

Today SOS is an international newsgroup with over 1300 members in 25 different countries. We send out newsletters, make phone calls, attend rallies, attend fan events, send letters, send emails, sign petitions, sell clothes and memorabilia, sell books, and support more than just Sunset Beach. We Support Spelling Shows.

Because of a television show that Aaron Spelling produced, I changed my entire life. I went from a disillusioned Generation X-er to a creative, motivated, inspired woman of the New Millennium. His life story, and his accomplishments inspired me to dare to dream of a better life. He is my hero.

Aaron Spelling taught me to respect and expect hard work. He taught me that you can rule with a velvet glove. He taught me that there is no adversity you cannot overcome. He taught me that love and family come first, and that business and money come second. And most importantly, he taught me to dream.

Thank you, Aaron. You’re making all my dreams come true.

SOS avait l'air d'être très structuré et organisé. Pourtant il n'y a quasiment plus de traces de leur travail. Tous (toutes?) ont l'air d'être passées à autre chose
virginiafan
Admin

Masculin
Capricorne Dragon

MessageSujet: Re: SOS et Penni Ellington   Lun 29 Aoû 2016, 22:21

http://www.oocities.org/thisisrobert/sos2000.html

Citation :

SOS Convention 2000

SEE END OF THIS PAGE FOR AN IMPORTANT UPDATE!

On February 26, 2000, our third annual Support Our Sunset convention, luncheon and gathering was held in Studio City, California. Once again I was able to attend and would like to share my experience with you.

I left Jacksonville after work on Tuesday, February 22 and flew to Massachusetts to meet up with Michele (MPavbyrd) since we were attending the convention together. Wednesday the 23'rd we flew from there to Los Angeles, changing planes in Salt Lake City, Utah. When we arrived we rented a car (a Mercury Cougar for those of you who are interested!) and proceeded to the Carlton Motor Lodge in Studio City and got checked in. After grabbing some dinner we headed for the Sportsmen's Lodge where the convention was to be held. However, we did not see any of our fellow members so we returned to the Carlton for the night.

Thursday, February 24, was to be our day so we did not meet up with anyone right away. We drove first to Valencia to visit Westwood One (a radio network) then we drove to Tijuana, Mexico. We spent a couple of hours there, eating "real" Mexican food and playing with every dog we saw, then we returned to the Carlton to rest a bit before meeting with the others at the Muddy Moose at the Sportsmen's. As we walked in our attention was immediately turned to our sponsor, HllywdChk. We were talking about the planned trip to Seal Beach (where Sunset Beach is filmed) on Friday. I recognized SuBeRules and her husband from last year, who had a new baby! I also saw HanniseSB, Amanda2al, SuzieQSB, Maroux and a couple of others whose screen names I don't remember offhand. A few minutes later our very own SharonShev walked in and Michele and I set a new speed record rushing over to greet her and give her the biggest hug! It was Sharon's first time meeting Michele but of course I had met her last year. She looked very good and she told us she was feeling good too. A couple of times she walked out front for a smoke and Michele and I joined her, which gave us a chance to talk and for the two of them to get acquainted. Upon going back inside it was ultimately decided that we would all meet in front of the Sportsmen's Friday morning for the ride to Seal Beach.

Friday, February 25, we all met in front of the Sportsmen's. Four of us were driving so we arranged how we would ride and started on our way to Seal Beach. Michele and I were honored to have Sharon ride with us. We stopped at a service station just before Seal Beach since our youngest group member was in need of attention then proceeded to the beach. Of course the very first thing I recognized was the pier, and let me tell you it is quite a bit longer than it looks on the show! We all parked, then we met up at the front of the pier where we got together for group pictures. I say that in the plural because there were a total of nine cameras handed to me for picture taking. After I took the first picture a man with a blue and gold macaw walked up to us. For those of you who don't know, Michele is a bird lover so of course she had to check the bird out and make friends with her. The man happened to be a professional photographer so I got back in with the group and he took pictures with all the cameras that were being used. Yes, the bird was part of the picture! One shot was even taken with me holding the bird! Another shot was taken with Sharon holding her but not with my camera so I don't have that picture. After that we decided to walk down the beach. The first significant house we came to was Ben's house. Some pictures were taken of it, of course, then we walked on until we came to Surf Central. Oreo, the cat seen in the long shots of the house, was on the porch. He was very friendly and let us all pet him. Some pictures were taken of him as well. Then we turned the corner and walked back to the main street where we saw the lifeguard station, the police building, The Deep and The Java Web. Some of us tried to find Sunset Sisters but we couldn't. Then it was time for lunch so everyone met back up at the pier. At the end of the pier is a place called Ruby's and that's where we ate. Some of us surmised that Ruby's was the waffle shop but of course we didn't know for sûre. After we ate some of us walked around the town again then we started to head back. Michele and I stayed at the beach for a while and walked back to Ben's house. We had a small vial of sand from the beach in Massachusetts and a shell. We placed them on the beach in front of Ben's house and we scooped up a vial of Pacific sand and picked up a shell. The next time we are together in Massachusetts we are going to put that sand on the Atlantic coast. Don't ask us why, it was just something we came up with! After we did that we walked around the beach some more, then we headed back to the Carlton to rest and prepare for the big gathering for Saturday.

Saturday, February 26, the big day! We started out by having breakfast, a light one, and then we went to a stationery shop and bought Sharon an autograph book. We then drove to the Sportsmen's and went inside to meet up with the others who were already upstairs waiting for the main event. There was supposed to be an auction of Sunset Beach items but something happened that we weren't able to have it. We then sat down (not at assigned tables this time!) and NIA ANN joined us on one side and Sharon on the other. I had seen NIA ANN last year and she had been at my table then also. Of course we remembered each other. HllywdChk then took center stage and told us her story about how SOS got started, then some cast members started to arrive. Some of them came in before and after others did. The total numbers of cast members present were Sarah Buxton (Annie), Krissy Carlson (Amy), Christi Ellen Harris (Emily), Michael Strickland (Brad), Lisa Guerrero Coles (Francesca), Dominique Jennings (Virginia), Christina Chambers (Maria), Chase Parker (Benjy), Shawn Batten (Sara Cummings), Tim Adams (Casey), Sherri Saum (Vanessa), J. Karen Thomas (Jada), and last but not least we had Clive Robertson (Ben/Derek). Clive was our "surprise" guest and needless to say all his female fans were happy to see him there. Of course Michele and I had to get several pictures of him (including some classic Derek poses) for Ssrod50 who had not been able to attend. I even tried to chase him down with my cellular phone to try to get him to call Ssrod50! Of course that didn't pan out but it was worth a try. We had a very nice luncheon featuring Italian food. After we all ate we had autograph signing. Some of the stars remembered me from last year, and there were some we were seeing for the first time including J. Karen Thomas who is an absolute sweetheart! During this time Michele and I saw Jan1859 and Meg7272. Then everyone started to take their leave, and Michele and I went to HllywdChk and thanked her for everything, gave her a big hug, then we met back up with Sharon and had our picture taken with her. After that we left and returned to the Carlton. Later we found out that Sharon and some of the others had met at the cafe at the Sportsmen's that evening for dinner. I wish we had known so we could have joined them!

Sunday, February 27, Michele and I went to Oxnard to visit an old friend of mine from more than 25 years ago. Then on Monday, February 28, we flew back to Massachusetts and on Tuesday, February 29 (Leap Year, Sadie Hawkins Day) I flew back home to Jacksonville.

I truly believe this had to have been our best SOS Convention ever! It was the third one that was held but I didn't get to go to the first one in 1998. I was happy to have been able to attend this one and the one we had last year. There is talk going around about some of the fans continuing to have occasional get-togethers and you can bet I will be joining as many of these as I can!

Love to all,
Robert
(RHWoodyA1)

UPDATE: On April 3, 2001, Michele passed away due to liver complications.

Let's look at the pictures!

La vidéo du premier message a été filmée donc le 26 février 2000 soit 3 mois après la fin du tournage. J'ai mis en gras les pseudos des fans que l'on voit dans la vidéo, ce serait intéressant de les recontacter Very Happy
virginiafan
Admin

Masculin
Capricorne Dragon

MessageSujet: Re: SOS et Penni Ellington   Lun 29 Aoû 2016, 22:26

Le site qui relate de cette réunion existe toujours mais les photos sont illisibles :

http://www.oocities.org/thisisrobert/sospix.html
http://www.oocities.org/thisisrobert/sealbeach.html

Visiblement ces fans sont aussi allées faire un petit pélerinage à Seal Beach.
virginiafan
Admin

Masculin
Capricorne Dragon

MessageSujet: Re: SOS et Penni Ellington   Lun 29 Aoû 2016, 22:31

Sur ce site, on peut retrouver quelques dates de réunions de fans quand SB était encore diffusée :

http://www.oocities.org/thisisrobert/sunset.html

Citation :
EVENTS I HAVE ATTENDED

Support Our Sunset 1999 - Burbank, CA
February 27, 1999

Sunset Beach Rally - New York, NY
September 18, 1999

Support Our Sunset 2000 - Burbank, CA
February 26, 2000

Je pensais pas qu'il y avait eu une telle mobilisation des fans!

La dernière mise à jour de ce site date de 2004
virginiafan
Admin

Masculin
Capricorne Dragon

MessageSujet: Re: SOS et Penni Ellington   Lun 29 Aoû 2016, 22:35

Citation :
The SOS (Save Our Sunset) Newsletter is a newsletter dedicating iteself to helping Sunset Beach stay on the air. They participate in massive writing campaigns to the show, it's affiliates, and it's advertisers telling them how much they appreciate Sunset Beach.
Support Our Sunset (SOS) To Subscribe: Mail HllywdChk@aol.com - put subscribe in subject line
Frequency: Weekly

From SOS
"Our newsletter is designed to keep Sunset Beach on the air. We do that by writing/
e-mailing/posting/calling/faxing advertisers, talk shows, entertainment shows, magazines, web sites, affiliates, and TPTB. We call affiliates, sign petitions, vote on the Internet, and come up with new ideas on how to get the word out. The newsletter provides addresses and important SOS-related info."

http://www.oocities.org/televisioncity/studio/8155/write.html
virginiafan
Admin

Masculin
Capricorne Dragon

MessageSujet: Re: SOS et Penni Ellington   Lun 29 Aoû 2016, 22:38

Sur cette page on peut voir des conseils aux fans pour écrire aux chaines/journaux/publicitaires pour soutenir Sunset Beach

http://www.oocities.org/televisioncity/studio/8155/write.html

Ceux qui ont fait ça étaient quand même très organisés! Pas de doute ils adoraient SB Very Happy
virginiafan
Admin

Masculin
Capricorne Dragon

MessageSujet: Re: SOS et Penni Ellington   Lun 29 Aoû 2016, 22:39

Les coordonnées du fan club officiel de SB. Bon j'imagine que tout ça a disparu...
http://www.oocities.org/televisioncity/studio/1210/fanclub.html

To join the OFFICIAL SUNSET BEACH FAN CLUB, write to:

Sunset Beach
c/o SBFC President John Fritz
NBC, Stage 11
3000 W. Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Or Fax the application to 818-526-2387.

Or E-mail: SBFC@aol.com.
virginiafan
Admin

Masculin
Capricorne Dragon

MessageSujet: Re: SOS et Penni Ellington   Lun 29 Aoû 2016, 22:41

Désolé si le sujet est pas très structuré, je cherche en même temps et je trouve plein d'infos Very Happy
Ces sites sont des mines d'or!!
virginiafan
Admin

Masculin
Capricorne Dragon

MessageSujet: Re: SOS et Penni Ellington   Lun 29 Aoû 2016, 23:02

Le formulaire d'adhésion de SOS

virginiafan
Admin

Masculin
Capricorne Dragon

MessageSujet: Re: SOS et Penni Ellington   Lun 29 Aoû 2016, 23:15

Quelques photos prises par une fan de la réunion du 26/02/2000

http://www.angelfire.com/pa/sets/index.html

Je crois qu'elle aimait bien Clive Robertson!!
AntonioFan
Admin

Féminin
Verseau Tigre
Personnage préféré : Antonio

MessageSujet: Re: SOS et Penni Ellington   Sam 03 Sep 2016, 14:56

virginiafan a écrit:
Quelques photos prises par une fan de la réunion du 26/02/2000

http://www.angelfire.com/pa/sets/index.html

Je crois qu'elle aimait bien Clive Robertson!!

:oh!: C'est cool ! Il y a des photos que je ne connaissais pas Smile .

Merci Élo !!!

Arrow https://www.facebook.com/nickkiriazisfans  Arrow http://www.sunsetbeachsoap.com

http://sunsetbeach.ref.free.fr
AntonioFan
Admin

Féminin
Verseau Tigre
Personnage préféré : Antonio

MessageSujet: Re: SOS et Penni Ellington   Sam 03 Sep 2016, 14:58

Merci pour les infos, au moins maintenant on connait vraiment l'histoire de la vidéo great .

Et c'est marrant en voyant tout ça j'ai l'impression qu'en faite ces fans ce sont nous mais avant l'arrivée d'internet Very Happy .

virginiafan a écrit:
Le site qui relate de cette réunion existe toujours mais les photos sont illisibles :

http://www.oocities.org/thisisrobert/sospix.html
http://www.oocities.org/thisisrobert/sealbeach.html

Visiblement ces fans sont aussi allées faire un petit pélerinage à Seal Beach.

Dommage que les images ne s'affichent plus, j'aurais bien comparé avec mon voyage Smile.

Merci Élo !!!

Arrow https://www.facebook.com/nickkiriazisfans  Arrow http://www.sunsetbeachsoap.com

http://sunsetbeach.ref.free.fr
virginiafan
Admin

Masculin
Capricorne Dragon

MessageSujet: Re: SOS et Penni Ellington   Sam 03 Sep 2016, 21:48

Je ne comprends pas que, malgré tout le travail que ces fans ont accompli, plus aucun ne semble s'intéresser à SB.

Les fans français ont l'air plus fidèles étrangement confus
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: SOS et Penni Ellington   Aujourd'hui à 06:45

SOS et Penni Ellington
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1